Seattle Around the Year
Seattle sees a large spike in tourism during summer every year. But there are plenty of things to do & see in Downtown during each season. Here are a few of our favorite annual events and area attractions that you may want to check out on your vacation getaway to the Emerald City.
Enjoy the warm weather before the temperature starts to drop. The summer crowds are gone and there are plenty of autumn festivals to make for an exciting visit. Make sure to bring your umbrella and coat because rainfall increases as winter approaches.
- Bumbershoot – Annual international music & arts festival
- Seattle Marathon & Half Marathon – Largest marathon/half marathon in the Pacific Northwest
- Seattle Children’s Festival – Multi-cultural festival held annually at the Seattle Center
- Seattle Home Fall Show – Largest consumer home show in Seattle at CenturyField Event Center
- Seattle International Auto Show – Annual event to showcase new models
There is misconception about how cold it gets in Seattle. Average temperatures range between 30 to 50 degrees, but there is plenty of rainfall. If you like winter sports like skiing and snowboarding, make Seattle your home base before making the trip to Mount Rainer or the Cascades.
- Seattle Boat Show – Annual event held over 9 days at CenturyLink Field Event Center and South Lake Union
- Deck the Hall Ball – Holiday-themed concert sponsored by local radio station 107.7 KNDD
- Model Railroad Show – Weekend event held at the Pacific Science Center
Average temperatures begin to rise to about nice 65 degrees with a chilly breeze. Probably one the best times to visit to avoid the summer crowds.
- Seattle Wine & Food Experience – Deluxe showcase for wine, beverage, food and lifestyle in the Northwest
- Seattle Home Spring Show – Displaying hundreds of home & garden products, seminars, and wine tastings
- Seattle Bike Show – Annual expo with bicycle presentations and exhibitions
- Seattle Golf & Travel Show – Largest trade show of its kind on the West Coast
Summer is the most popular time to travel to the city, due to the warm temperature. Don’t wait until the last minute to book your accommodations.
- Seattle International Film Festival – Considered to be one of the top film festivals in North America
- Seattle Pride – Series of events held annually to celebrate LGBT pride
- Seattle International Beerfest – Three day festival specializing in rare and exotic beers
- Seafair – Festival with ship tours, air shows, hydroplanes races and more